The Dioceses in the South West are encouraging churches and church members to consider our whole ecological footprint and its ramifications, and to take action in the areas of: property and land; transport and travel; procurement and supplies; Christian lifestyle; and theology and worship.
We are running a series of trials of actions that we hope will make a real difference, with the aim of supporting them across the Dioceses if they are successful. You can find information on these pages about the following trials:
- Instant solar PV, for generating your own electricity without being tied to a particular roof
- Other renewable technologies, such as biomass and air-source heat pump
- Hot cushions, delivering heat in church where it is most needed!
- Electric bikes, helping the vicar be more visible to parishioners, and still be able to sail over those hills!
- Air source heat pump (pictured; forthcoming)
Please contact us if you would like to participate in a trial or have any further ideas.